Wednesday, August 18, 2021

August

 Youth conference was at the end of July and I was grateful it happened and the girls were able to go.  They did a service project, played games and had testimony meeting the first night.  They camped near Manti.  Dad and I drove up on Saturday and helped with the water day.  It was so good to see them with friends and being outside!  We missed the first night because Dad had his company party at the aquarium.  Good food and fun times with just one girl!





Shakespeare Festival.  We tried to get out of it but Ben pressured us to go.  I'm glad we did. We watched "Ragtime" and "Pirates of Penzance" and "Richard III."  Scott and I took off early the next morning and went golfing in Fillmore which he's always wanted to try.  It was a really nice course and we had a nice time just walking and talking.  We have missed each other a lot this summer.  

We were supposed to be in Bear Lake with the Henlines but my wisdom tooth started bothering me and with school starting next week I knew I had to get it taken care of.  So 2 days later they pulled all 4 out.  It's been a slow recovery cause I'm old, but not too bad.

Okay, so Christian is the worst emailer/pic sender in the world.  Thank goodness his mission presidents wife posts some on facebook.  Doesn't he look handsome?  He's been in Sacramento for going on 7 months now.


First day of school pics!  A senior, a freshman and a 7th grader.  So cute!




Christian got a "son!"  He is excited to start training Elder Flake.  He also got made a DL about 2 weeks later.  Busy guy!

Birthday get-together for me!  Xela bought a cake and we had the Reeces over.  It was nice.

$2 Tuesdays.  We had to cram it into one night cause we've been so busy.  Amber ran out of gas on the way but she learned a lot!









1 comment:

jefftomb65 said...

The campout looks like a lot of fun, I wish we could do a little of that. I think I remember you saying something about going golfing with Scott but it sounds as though your getting into it a little more. Four wisdom teeth, that had to be miserable, I think that your young age had a lot to do with healing, If I'm still feeling young then your still just a kid. Yes, Christian obviously takes after his dad, he is very handsome. Not surehich one he is, it's been a long time. Wow, those young ones are growing up way to fast, life seems to be going by faster and faster here too.