Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day weekend

Amber lost her first front tooth

Little rock climbers

Playin' in the dirt

Well, I must just love to be in the hospital around holidays. Lyssa was born Mother's Day weekend, Livi was born on Memorial Day, Soran was born on Earth day, I was in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day when pregnant with Soran, on my birthday last year, and on Labor Day weekend this year! Maybe I'm trying to get away from all the family, or maybe just the dishes. Anyway, after Christian's baptism, I must have worn myself out. We went to Swiss days in Midway and then baby-sat that night. When I tried to go to sleep I couldn't. My side just hurt too bad. I tossed and turned for a couple hours before Scott came in and asked if it was my kidney. It took me a second to realize it was. I was so out of it. After taking painkiller and hydrocodone and still being in pain, we went to the hospital. Three hours later they came and told me I had a "freaking huge kidney stone" (direct quote from the doctor) and it wasn't coming out on it's own. More doctor and hospital visits later I get to have a procedure next week. They knock you out and pound you with waves 3,000 times. Should be fun.
But we did manage to have some fun on Labor Day. We went up to Sandy and hiked Little Cottonwood canyon and picked up some of the same granite they used to make the Salt Lake temple. It's beautiful stone. And the canyon's not bad either. Then we had dinner and hung out with the Massengales. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

4 comments:

Michael, Xela, and Arian said...

Sorry for you! Hope those drugs are working!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! I hope they are able to zap that freakin huge stone without you having to go through much pain.

Nicole said...

stop celebrating holidays, convert to Jehovah witness! :) haha!~

Heather said...

Ouch! Hope you are all better now! Congrats on the baptism and having an adorable family.