Monday, June 15, 2020

April

April scenes from stay-at-home directive.  The governor never put us on strict lockdown, but asked everyone to "stay safe, stay home."  We weren't to leave the house except for essential things.  So we got creative and had fun!  It was tough not seeing friends or going out, but we also enjoyed spending more time together.  The grocery stores were wiped out for a few weeks (toilet paper was the hot commodity) but we used our pantry storage and did pretty well!

We each had a computer to work on for school, thank goodness.  I worked on my laptop at the table (I helped a teacher with his online class and then checked up on some of our priority families), Alyssa joined me when she got home from school, Amber worked in the living room, Soran worked in her room (and the rest of the house--she moved around a lot), Alivia worked on the downstairs computer and Christian was in his room.  It worked out but the house was full!


Amber took up face painting, crochet, and piano.  Alivia started embroidering, coloring, puzzles and playing her violin.  Soran went to Halle's house a lot and played on her hoverboard.  I organized and sewed masks because the hospitals were running out.

We had some fun activities too.  Scott did a Tepanyaki night, we did a spa night with daddy for Mutual, did a paint night with cheese and bread, went to the drive in, hiked a ton, rode our bikes a lot and learned the Napoleon Dynamite dance. We also had several movie marathons: Avatar, Stranger Things, and the Marvel movies. 













The line at Costco.  It was crazy sometimes.

1 comment:

jefftomb65 said...

It has been a very eventful year for all of us and it looks as though it may be getting worse here again with this virus. You guys always seem to have it together as a family, you have fun together and enjoy each other which is something wonderful to me. I Would like to know how to do paint night with cheese and bread, I think the grand kids would love it.
Maybe one day I can get Scott to teach me the Napoleon Dynamite dance, then I can take it back to my relatives in Napoleon Ohio. Yes the lines at Costco were terrible but now not so bad but they in order to get in you have to wear a mask which I believe is a good idea, Susan not so much.