Monday, April 19, 2010

S'mores!

This picture cracks me up. We look like we are really enjoying ourselves.
Our first hike in the morning. It was beautiful.

Soran helping set up the tent.
The kids playing in the Sand Dune arch.

Scott finished off his first tax season as an almost-accountant and our family took a much needed break. We left on Friday and headed to Moab and Arches National Park where we met the Massengales. We did drive around for a couple hours before finding a camping spot, but everything went smoothly after that. Scott picked out this huge "vacation lodge" tent which we set up for the first time and it was huge. It was nice to be able to stand up in it. I told him he's trying to make up for the lack of space in our apartment with the tent. The kids played on the playground and then we had s'mores, of course.
The next morning we were up early so we decide to head up the canyon for a hike. It was perfect weather and so beautiful. Then we went to Arches and had lunch and hiked to a few of the arches. The best one by far was the Sand Dune arch. I didn't get to go because the babies were asleep in the car, but it looked like a lot of fun. Then we came home and took showers which have never felt so good. Now I am trying to unbury us from the mountain of sand and laundry that follows camping and then it's time to get ready for the Girls Camp fundraiser. I hope we make enough money we're not eating hot dogs all week while we're at camp!

8 comments:

The Jeppson Family said...

ahhh! You cut your hair...from what I could see in the picture, I LOVE it! So cute, and perfect for summer!

Cheryl Whittle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Whittle said...

Those pictures looked very familiar. I remember visiting that park when I was younger. It's a beautiful place.

Michael, Xela, and Arian said...

What a fun trip! Love that last picture; looks like a movie set.

The Schultz Family said...

So I've been meaning to say how much I love your hair cut. It looks perfect on you!

Kelly said...

ohhh s'mores! Love those! Hmmm! You look like you had a blast! Summer sounds soo Good!

Heather said...

Your pictures of the area make it look so beautiful. I want to take my family there- but I don't think I could stand it in the summer. Maybe next spring break. Yea- glad tax season is over!!!

Michael and Lindsey said...

Wow, those are some beautiful pictures! Glad to see you guys are keeping busy. Oh yeah and your blog background is too stinking cute. I decided to steal it!