Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter 2010

Soran and daddy. It was freezing.

Lyssa collecting candy


Cute Amber

Livi getting ready to run

This year the kids wound up going to three different egg hunts, which was better than I was expecting. I thought they'd have 4 or 5. Crazy! Anyway, our stake put on a spring extravaganza. Friday night was the "battle of the bulge" where the bishops played the stake leaders. We made a couple posters for my brother ("work that bulge" and "does your i-Phone have a basketball app?") since he's our bishop and he was playing. He did pretty well. The stake wound up winning. I decided that the stake president must have pulled them aside and said, "if any of you ever want to be released, we win." Ha ha.

Anyway, the next morning was the Easter egg hunt. Don't let the sunny weather fool you. It was freezing. It had snowed the night before. The primary leaders just threw candy out on the ground and let the kids go. I guess the plastic eggs are superfluous.

Easter morning we woke up to 2-3 inches of snow. Yeah. We are definitely moving somewhere warmer. We had a nice morning at Scott's parents' house watching conference, stuffing ourselves and letting the kids hunt for bonus eggs that held money. Then we came home, watched/napped through the afternoon session, had dinner with my family and another egg hunt. Then we went to bed sick from sugar overload.

I must add that the older I get the more I appreciate the meaning of Easter Sunday. I am so grateful to have a Savior who made it possible for me to renew both body and spirit. Easter comes at the right time of year when everything is brought to life again and the world feels new. I am so grateful for that knowledge and the impact it has on my life.

No comments: