Thursday, December 16, 2021

December

I was in charge of the Relief Society dinner this year and it wasn't very good timing.  It was the first week of finals and I was pretty stressed, and people weren't signing up to help.  It slowly came together except for decor.  But Scott is amazing and made me a manger and it all turned out pretty good, I think.  I love being married to such a handy man!

Crazy girl and her shorts.  The second she gets home from anywhere she changes into these.  She and Elizabeth have wild shenanigans every day while I'm at my internship.  Poor Livi.  

The Henlines and we were down to 2 kids each on our trip to Temple Square.  We had a good time riding the frontrunner and getting chips and salsa at Cafe Rio and seeing the candy windows.  Our family keeps shrinking!  It's exciting and heartbreaking at the same time.  And speaking of shrinking, Amber got a full-ride scholarship to SUU so she's off to Cedar next fall.  

She had a good time at the Winter Formal with Phil, an exchange student from Germany staying with the Kings.  They decorated cookies, played games, went to Brick Oven, had a chocolate fountain and played more games.  

Soran has loved her choir teacher, Mr. T.  And she loves performing with them.  

Bowling with the Henlines while we wait for Christmas.  Look how small our bunch is!

Gingerbread houses.  David joined. 

Christmas dinner with the Thompsons.  Grandpa decided he wanted to do the prime rib again this year, so we ate that with them and opened presents. Then for our family dinner we did a tepanyaki night.


Christmas crackers 2022 version!  Our crackers had mustaches this year so we donned those as well.  Missing Christian, but he is doing great things!

Ice skating with the girls over the break.  I don't really enjoy it anymore--I'm too afraid I'm going to break something.  But Amber and Soran had fun!  Xela invited us to go look at the gingerbread house in Salt Lake, it was pretty cool.  We had dinner at City Creek.


New Years Eve!  We had egg rolls and played minute to win it games and watched Hunger Games, I think.  Always a good time!













2 comments:

jefftomb65 said...

Love the pictures, you have an amazing family and don't worry about your family getting smaller, the girls will start getting married and then you'll have little people running around the house again.

jefftomb65 said...

I know that your really busy with school and taking care of your family but I miss seeing and reading your blog news once in a while. We are still working and trying to let my daughter and her daughter take over but we are still very involved in the business. I am tearing the yard apart again to relandscape it again when I'm not working at the shop which is about 3 to 4 days a week. If you find about five minutes to post a couple of pictures I would greatly appreiate it.