Wednesday, July 25, 2018

February--I mean CALIFORNIA!

For Alyssa's senior trip we decided to go to California for some sunshine and rollercoasters (both things she loves).  Scott had a work trip to Phoenix at beginning of February so we headed down there to pick him up first.  We had a great time seeing the Bowens again and visiting with the O'Connors.  Then we had a chance to go see my grandpa, who I haven't seen for years.  So grateful we took the time to do that, as he passed away a couple months later.  
At an escape room with the Bowens.  It was a fun time, and we were able to find the antidote before the queen poisoned us all!

Isn't he the cutest?


 Scott living it up with his work.  He gets the best food on work trips.


 FINALLY we made it to California.  We had a large, if somewhat strange smelling, apartment off Sunset in the middle of Hollywood.  You could see the Hollywood sign from the bedroom window.  We started the trip at Six Flags.  It broke us into the roller coasters.  I was pretty sick by the end of the day.  But it was a gorgeous day and we had fun seeing all the super hero stuff.






 The next day we went to Universal Studios and Harry Potter land.  This is one of the 70ish cars they used in the movie.  Pretty cool!  We tried butter beer, pumpkin juice, and a bunch of the candies.  Alyssa got a wand and we practiced our magic around town.







 Lunch in the Kung Fu Panda courtyard.  It was so beautiful!  There were cherry trees in blossom all over and hanging lanterns for the chinese new year.


 It was Valentines week so Scott took me to a seafood place that was so yummy!  We had a giant bag of seafood that we ate with our hands.  Butter and spice running down our chins.  What's more romantic than that?

 Me and Brad Pitt.  He's kind of into me.  But I already have my man.





 We went to the wax museum and then went on a tour of the stars.  They drove us by movie star homes, which isn't really our thing, but it was a gorgeous drive with the top down and we got to see a lot of LA.  


 Justin Bieber's garbage can

 The last park we hit was Knott's Berry.  It was such a nice day and we loved being outside.  I didn't know Knotts Berry was famous for their fried chicken, so we bought a meal and oh my gosh!  It was so good.  We also got a boysenberry pie.  We took it to the beach and ate it.

 Christian was not cooperating in posing.  So I got him with these girls.  I was trying to get him to do something naughty but he wouldn't. 

 We went to some tide pools and it was awesome!  There were so many sea urchins and a sea slug!  It was huge.  We made Alivia pick it up and put it on the rock so we could look at it.  No one else was brave enough to touch it.  It was really neat!




 China town.  We were there for the new year so there was a parade and tons of people.  Then we went to the beach again, but by the time we made it through traffic it was getting cold.  So we just sat and enjoyed the sunshine.




Took Lyssa out for dinner since it was her senior trip.  She picked a hot pot place and it was good.  She loves Asian food!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I used try to comment on each picture but then this comment would be 3 pages long so I’ll just comment on a couple. I thought it was great that you got to see your grandpa before he passed, I’m sure that visiting with you and your family was a real highlight for him also. As for Scott eating out on the company, where do I go to get a job there? Lyssa fits right in with the Justice League and good picture of Amber on the Merry Go Round, that’s my favorite ride anymore too. The picture of the two of you eating sea food is really good, love Scott’s happy face and Sara you already have a guy that’s much better looking than Brad Pitt any day of the week and from the looks of it he’s also probably a lot more fun to be around. Scott, you don’t need a club, just smile at her and she will be like soft wax in your hands. I don’t blame Christian for not wanting to do something naughty, a picture like might have haunted him for a long time. One of my favorite pictures in this blog is the picture of the sunset, that is so beautiful. Alivia’s the brave one, good, it’s nice to know someone else like me except around the ocean, I like the beach but there are scary things in the water. I’ve been told that I would like Asian food because it’s so spicey, but no one else has ever wanted to go so I never have. It’s so wonderful that you introduce these kids to so many aspects of life and how you have so much fun together, I really do enjoy this blog. Sorry this is the shortest version I could come up with, the first one was really, really long. Have a great day and a wonderful life, you've always made my life a little more interesting.