Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ah, spring

The clamor for the candy
Spring is upon us. We had a nice Easter. We only managed to have 3 Easter egg hunts, but we missed 2 when we went to Goblin Valley. That's ridiculous! 5 Easter hunts? It's getting worse than Halloween. Anyway, enough of my tirade. We had an FHE lesson about the last week of Christ's life the week before, and then on Sunday we went through scriptures about Good Friday and Easter Sunday. I love that Easter has so much to celebrate and more of a focus on Christ. We went to church and then had an Easter dinner made all by myself (ham, jello, homemade rolls, funeral potatoes, deviled eggs) and then we had people over for a devotional and I made lemon bars and almond strawberry shortcake. It turned out really well, I think.
Scott was in charge of our stake Spring extravaganza this year. They have a 5k and breakfast and then an egg hunt for the kids. Everything was going well until they announced the primary egg hunt and she looked at Scott asking for the candy. Well, he thought she was in charge of that and she thought he was. Needless to say, panic kind of set in. He took off for the store while the kids sang songs and did some races. He got back with candy that had to have been 10 years old and wasn't Easter candy, but every last piece was picked up. Alyssa said, "Dad forgot the candy? That's the only reason we come to this thing. How could he do that?" It cracked me up.
With spring also comes soccer. Amber really wanted to play this year as she hasn't ever played soccer, so we put her, Christian and Livi in. A couple days before the season starts, we still have no coaches for any of the kids' teams. So like a sucker I volunteer Scott and I to coach 2 of them. I am a glutton for punishment. I took Livi's team, thinking I could easily handle a bunch of preschoolers. Haha. The first practice they were running all over the field and out of the field, rolling on the grass, pulling my shirt and asking when snacks were coming. And practice is only 20 minutes! How can so much chaos happen in such a short time? Luckily, my wonderful husband showed up and saved me. I was a little bitter that they listened to him so well and the practice went so smoothly after that. On the other hand, I've let him take over, so one less thing for me to do.

No comments: