Monday, December 1, 2008

Where did they come from?


Every year we have the tradition of making turkeys and writing things we're thankful for on the feathers. This year I took the picture and couldn't figure out who else had added theirs because there's no way our family has that many turkeys. But no, we really have that many with another to go.

We were so happy to find out we were getting company for Thanskgiving. We can never go anywhere because of Black Friday--we're stuck. My sister Xela and her husband and daughter came down to be with us. Good thing because they got to watch our kids all weekend!

So Thursday morning I was up at 4 a.m. not because I was in a hurry to get the turkey done, but but because I was in pain. My kidneys have been acting up again this pregnancy. By the time we got dinner over with, I decided I better go to the Emergency Room. I thought it would be a quick in and out, but 2 days later they finally let me out. Not only that but they had to transfer me from one hospital to another in an AMBULANCE. I told them I would only go if Scott drove me, but no such luck. It was emberrassing and I can't wait to get the bill for that one. Then my mom got worried and drove down that evening. So at least I didn't have to worry about the kids. Anyway, after much begging and pleading they finally let me go. I thought about having my sister and mom drop off all 4 of my kids for a few hours and then for sure they'd let me out.

Thanks to my family without who we would not have survived the weekend. I didn't get any pictures, but if you go to Xela's blog, she has some cute ones.

And I have found many more things to be grateful for, the major one being good health and good friends and helpful family and morphine. Next year will be more exciting, I'm sure!

5 comments:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Sara, I'm sorry to hear about your hospital trip. I had the exact same thing happen last week! We need to talk! I hope you're doing better.

Unknown said...

Yikes Sara! I'm glad to hear you are okay. Sorry to hear that you are having kidney issues again :(. Keep us updated! Miss you guys!

JKMeeks said...

That's terrible! I hope your ok. What an eventful Thanksgiving. I am sure next year will be better!

I need your email so I can add you to my blog. Miss ya tons!
Krista
jkmeeks95@gmail.com

Jeanne said...

Hi, Sara
I am still thinking we might need to come back and hogtie you to the bed. Glad you're better, though. I love you!

Nicole said...

I agree on the hog tieing! :) I hope you don't have any more major problems with this!

Love ya tunz sexy bunz!